…with BIG insights from John Mariotti, President & CEO, The Enterprise Group
The February Consumer Intentions & Actions® Survey is in – over 8,000 consumers participated!
After some New Year euphoria, confidence is down at 31.2% in February. With the unemployment rate at 9.0% and gas prices hovering above $3.00 per gallon, consumers remain cautious and wary about the future. How does this affect their financial plans over the next 3 months? How many U.S. consumers are living paycheck to paycheck? Are they focused on needs now that the holidays are behind them? Find out in this month’s BIG Call.
Click here to see this month’s BIG Call!
February BIG Call Take-Aways:
- Confidence is down in February, consumers are cynical about “recovery” talk.
- Unemployment is a big contributing factor to consumer cynicism. 23.7% believe there will be “more” layoffs in the next 6 months.
- Practicality is up year-over-year, but watch out for “cabin fever spending.”
- Paying down debt is the top financial priority. Find out what the government can learn from consumers.
- Nearly half feel there is “too much month” at the end of their paychecks.
- 90 Day Outlook: While some optimism shines through here, all categories are DOWN from Feb-08.
Plus find out more about John’s “Special Issue” this month – The Decline of “Big Box” Specialty Retailers.