Decreasing Spending Echoes Katrina Era + Pain at the Pump
For the first half of the call, I presented new insight from our April Monthly Consumer survey, which included:
- Consumer Confidence, which stalled in April
- The “More of the Same” outlook for Unemployment
- The rising Focus on Needs, which is in range of recession-era Apr-09 and Apr-10
- The spike in plans to Decrease Overall Spending
- A BIG Forward Look at 90 day spending plans
For the second half of the Call, Stacie presented NEW findings on the impact of gas prices from our American Pulse survey. Here’s a preview:
- Nearly a third of consumers are filling up as soon as they see the price per gallon drop – regardless of whether or not they need it
- Two in five are shopping for apparel less frequently to help budget for the increasing cost of gas
- 20% are using their smartphones to research pump prices
To listen to the recorded webinar, click here.
For more information on this data, please contact BIGinsight™.
Source: BIGinsight™ Monthly Consumer Survey – APR-12 (N = 8724, 4/3 – 4/10/12)
© 2012, Prosper®
BIGinsight™ is a trademark of Prosper Business Development Corp.