Confidence Cools Off As Summer Heats Up + How Does the Stockholm Syndrome Relate to Savings?
This month, my co-host for the BIG Call was John Mariotti, President/CEO & Founder of the Enterprise Group. John also currently serves as a Director on several corporate boards and is an award winning author.
For this month’s BIG Call, John supplemented our favorite data on confidence, employment, personal finances, and spending plans with his unique analysis and understanding of these topics.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Confidence in the economy cools off as summer heats up, marking the second consecutive month of decline
- Just 16% of consumers are calling for “fewer” layoffs – a figure that has decreased [i.e. grown more pessimistic] over the past two years
- Last month’s “dip” in practicality appears to have been a “blip” on consumers’ spending radar
- Why are consumers seemingly holding back when it comes to paying down debt or increasing their savings?
- Scary fact: One out of three consumers isn’t saving any income
- Improvements in 90 Day Outlook may not be as positive as they appear
- How is JC Penney’s “Fair & Square” faring?
To listen to the recorded webinar, click here.
For the full, complimentary June 2012 BIG Call slide deck, please click here.
For more information on this data, please contact BIGinsight™.
Source: BIGinsight™ Monthly Consumer Survey – JUN-12 (N = 8760, 6/5 – 6/12/12)
© 2012, Prosper®
BIGinsight™ is a trademark of Prosper Business Development Corp.