Is Pinterest Your New Obsession?
About two months ago my friend asked me why I wasn’t on Pinterest. Honestly…I had heard of it but didn’t really know what it was, and I didn’t have the time or desire to figure it out. I’ve always been the last of my friends to IM, text, join Facebook, get a Smartphone, etc. Why would Pinterest be any different?! It just so happened to be a dreary Sunday that I received an invite to join Pinterest. Other than the typical day of cleaning, laundry, trip to the grocery store and family time, I had nothing else to do…why not check it out! Needless to say, my household chores got put on hold! That trip to the grocery store had to wait until Monday because I had to start the shopping list OVER with all the new recipes I found!
According to the November 2011 BIGinsight™ Monthly Consumer Survey, 19.9% of Females 25-34 said Pinterest was a “HOT” trend. [Yes, I happen to fall into this age break.] Females 18-24 follow close behind at 17% and 13.6% of Moms find Pinterest to be “HOT”.
Did I mention that Pinterest turned that dreary Sunday into a Glorious Sunny Day?! [In my head that is!] Once I figured out how to create “Boards” and “Pin” what I liked…I was off and pinning (LOL!) I have found new ways to organize, creative/easy dinner recipes, Peanut Butter Brownies that are to die for, wedding gift ideas, cleaning home remedies, holiday DIY decorations, fashion tips, parenting ideas…I can go on and on and on! As you can see below in a few of my favorite boards…
Typically, I log on to my account 2-3 times a week, and have to limit how much time I spend on there. Time gets away from me too easily and I tend to get consumed by the endless amount of pinning! According to a recent American Pulse™ Survey, 8.3% of Females 24-35 say they log in to Pinterest 2-3 times a week. 10.2% of Females 18-24 frequent the site more than once a day–they must be more “pinterested” than I am!
For more information on this data, please contact BIGinsight™.
Source: BIGinsight™ Monthly Consumer Survey – NOV-11 (N = 8502, 11/1 – 11/8/11)
Source: American Pulse™ Survey – February 2012 (N=3349, 2/13 – 2/20/12)
© 2012, Prosper®
BIGinsight™ is a trademark of Prosper Business Development.
- Total Super Bowl spending is expected to reach nearly $12.3 billion @NRFnews tinyurl.com/NRF13SB 4 years ago
- Expect variety of promos surrounding appetizers, drinks, football décor, athletic apparel, TVs #SuperBowl tinyurl.com/aqhvxrs 4 years ago
- Average #SuperBowl watcher will spend $68.54 on snacks, parties, more, up from $63.87 last year tinyurl.com/aqucbb7 4 years ago
- BIGinsight: Consumers Not Content But Not Panicking tinyurl.com/bfmuqoj 4 years ago
- While ushering in New Year usually brings feelings of optimism, confidence in economy declined 2 points vs. Dec tinyurl.com/PIA13Jan 4 years ago